What is Required?
1. Six postings for six separate questions, each from a different topic. For example, there are two sets of questions for topic 2; one set is on Franchises and the other on Idea Generation. A posting for ONE question from the set on Franchises OR the set on Idea Generation will be assessed. In effect, the six postings submitted for assessment must be made for six separate topics. Topic is used here to mean the topic covered for each week e.g. Business Acquisition.
2. Postings must be made to any three questions from topics 4 to 6 or 7 of the unit. Questions are available for topics 1 to 7.
3. Each posting should be numbered and identified as a posting for assessment in the subject line of the posting. For example, ‘Posting No.1 For Assessment’. Where there is no indication in the subject line that a posting is submitted for assessment it will not be assessed.
4. Each posting for assessment must be at most 400 words in length and must address only ONE of the questions for the topic.
5. Postings must be typed or pasted in the message box and not sent as attachments. Attachments will not be opened or marked.
Postings may cover:
• an illustration of the issue central to the question with a practical example;
• expressing a personal opinion on the issue of interest in the question, supported by facts and references;
• constructive analyses of other students’ postings or comments on the question; or
• research relevant to addressing the question or an aspect of it, using information from websites, articles, book sections and so on.
Contributions that probe issues associated with the case with further questions are encouraged as these would spur the discussions.
1. There is a tendency among students to reproduce answers from the textbook. Such reproductions usually attract low marks. Marks are further lost where the reproductions repeat existing postings from other students. Therefore, contributions which repeat or agree with what other students have presented in earlier postings and which do not add substantial new information to the discussion will be awarded no mark. This means
What is Required?1.Six postings for six separate questions, each from a different topic. For example,…
What is Required?