SOC-445 Week 1 The First Interview Worksheet (1.2) Assignment
As a beginning social worker, it is important to know how to listen effectively and develop a rapport with a client/consumer. This assignment will help you develop this skill.
Access the “The First Interview” video located in the Topic 1 folder in MindTap. Complete “The First Interview Worksheet” after you watch the video.
Click here to Find all Assignments for SOC-445 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Topic 1: The First Interview Worksheet
As a beginning social worker, you need to know how to listen effectively and develop rapport with a client. This assignment will help you develop this skill.
Directions: Access the “The First Interview” video in the Topic 1 folder in MindTap and the assigned readings for Topic 1. Answer the following questions after you watch the video. Cite two to three sources to defend your answers using in-text citations:
- Describe the role of the case manager in this case. (50-75 words)
- What kind(s) of assessment did the case manager use? (50-75 words)
- Describe what kind of listening the case manager used. What type of questioning did she use? Explain whether this type of questioning was effective or not. (75-100 words)
- Explain whether the case manager displayed empathy or compassion. Why is it important to display empathy or compassion when working with a client/consumer? (75-100 words)
- Explain if the case manager developed a rapport with the client or not. Explain if the case manager’s behavior was effective or not. Provide some constructive criticism of the case manager. (100-150 words)
Course: SOC-445 Case Management
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 05/05/2019
- : 75