SAS Visual Analytics and Mapping
This is a two-part assignment. First, you will complete an exercise including several basic tasks of data exploration within the SAS VA environment, designed to demonstrate your knowledge of how data visualization in SAS VA works. Then, you will generate a map in SAS VA using the same dataset.
In preparation for the assignment in this unit, complete the following:
• Download “Intro to SAS Visual Analytics” exercise from Teradata University Network.
• Acquire access to and become familiar with SAS® Visual Analytics (SAS VA). To access SAS VA:
o Go to the Teradata University Network Web site.
o Click For Students to register as a student. You will need a password provided by your instructor to register. If you have not yet received the student access password or your instructor has not yet posted it, contact him or her to request it.
o Log in, and click Software, then select SAS Visual Analytics.
o Review the Quick Start Guide available at the site and view the demonstration in the media piece SAS Visual Analytics: Creating a Geographic Map to learn how to use this software tool.
Click SAS Visual Analytics: Creating a Geographic Map to view a brief demonstration of how to use the SAS VA software tool.
Review the assignment description and SAS Visual Analytics and Mapping Scoring Guide to understand the requirements and grading criteria for this assignment.
• SAS Visual Analytics and Mapping Scoring Guide.
To complete this assignment:
• Access the “Assignment 1: Intro to SAS Visual Analytics” exercise you downloaded in this unit’s second study. (Link to this exercise is given in the resources.)
• Access the SAS VA software, and follow the steps to complete the exercise. Then, export your work in PDF format as described in the exercise, and continue. If you need help accessing the software, refer to the directions provided in this unit’s second study. For additional task guidance, review the media piece SAS Visual Analytics: Creating a Geographic Map given in the resources.
• Open the Visual Analytics and Mapping: Mapping Exercise document (link given in the resources).
• Follow the steps to complete the mapping exercise, using the same dataset you used for the “Assignment 1: Intro to SAS Visual Analytics” exercise. Then, export your work in PDF format as described in the exercise instructions, and add an annotation listing the Product Sales for two cities.