RES/724 Week 1 Overview of Qualitative Research Study Assignment
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that discusses the characteristics of qualitative research studies and when qualitative research is appropriate and not appropriate. It is important to understand how qualitative research differs from quantitative research, and the descriptive power inherent in the language used in this type of research.
Click here to Find all Assignments for RES/724 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Address the following characteristics in your discussion:
- Sample size, data saturation, and how to determine appropriate sample size
- Type of data collected (i.e., perceptions of people regarding a phenomenon, narrative stories of people’s experiences, artifacts, written material)
- How data are collected (i.e., interviews, focus groups, written accounts)
- How data are analyzed (e.g., words, themes, content, use of software programs such as NVivo)
- How results are presented (i.e., use of participant’s words, percentage and number of participants who expressed a theme, major themes or outliers)
Use at least three peer-reviewed, non-classroom textbook or article references.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Course: RES/724 Qualitative Methods and Design
School: University of Phoenix
- : 10/02/2019
- : 90