PSY-362 Week 1 Benchmark Research Reflection Assignment
Social competence is a complex concept consisting of social, emotional, cognitive, and behavioral skills. For example, one might change social interactions based on the situational perspective of another individual. Cultural competency enables organizations to work in cross-cultural situations based on skills, attitudes, behaviors, and policies. For example, it is important to provide health care services that meet the needs of all patients and addresses diversity issues.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PSY-362 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
In 500-750 words, address why social and cultural competency is critical in the research process. Be sure to address the following prompts:
- Define social and cultural competency
- Evaluate the importance of these concepts in terms of social psychological research.
- Give an example of a social psychological concept that can be understood from a cross-cultural perspective (e.g., social self, emotion, attitudes, fundamental attribution error)
- Why does cultural competency matter when researching a concept like the one you chose?
- Discuss problems that might occur if cross-cultural perspectives are neglected in the research. Be sure to share an example(s). Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
When writing in APA style, it is important that your analysis is written in third person. Writing in third person helps with clarity and conciseness throughout your paper. However, some instances writing in first person is acceptable and should be used sparingly. Solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Course: PSY-362 Social Psychology and Cultural Applications
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 04/08/2019
- : 60