PSY 355 Week 4 Case Study: Siblings Meet Paul and Mary
Until recently, Paul and Mary had only one child, their son John, who a is 5-year-old boy. But then one day Paul and Mary brought home a newborn baby sister. John initially showed some excitement about having a new baby sister
Go to the Psychology Brain Based Media piece to read the case study of siblings. http://lc.gcumedia.com/psy362/brain-based-learning/v1.1/scenarios.html
Click here to Find all Assignments for PSY-355 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Write a 500-750-word paper discussing various approaches to parenting based on the information provided in the scenario. Address the following in your paper:
- Discuss how a parent, using authoritative, authoritarian, and permissive parenting styles, would manage the behavior in the scenario.
- Discuss the effects of each parenting style on the child.
- Based on Piaget’s theory, create a parenting plan to educate parents to react appropriately to the scenario. Include the following in your parenting plan:
- Discuss which parenting style is most effective in the long-term.
- How can understanding the stages of child development improve a parent’s ability to interact with his/her child? Provides an example using one of Piaget’s stages.
Include at least two scholarly references, in addition to the textbook, in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Course: PSY-355 Child and Adolescent Psychology
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 19/11/2017
- : 2