PM571 Week 2 Team Assignment Real-Life Project Management Plan Phase One – Defining Phase Presentation
Resources: Project Management, Ch. 2 & Ch. 4, and Microsoft® Project
Select a fun, real-life project to collaboratively plan using project management principles. You could design and build a house, develop a video game, launch a new business, etc.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PM571 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Collaborate with your Learning Team to develop a project based upon the topic that your team selects, and finalize the Defining Phase of the team project.
Prepare a 15 to 20 slide presentation with speaker notes that illustrates the Defining Phase project deliverables.
Include slides for the following elements in your presentation:
- Project Overview
- Project Scope Statement
- Project Charter
- WBS – work breakdown structure to three levels developed in Microsoft® Project
- Communication Matrix – See Figure 4.10 in Ch. 4 of Project Management
Evaluate the following in the speaker notes:
- The project objectives and deliverables (using SMART methodology as described in Ch. 2 of Project Management).
- The scope statement that the team finalized using the checklist in Ch. 4 of Project Management.
- The charter that the team developed, and the specific responsibilities of each team member.
- The work breakdown structure (WBS) that was developed, and an explanation of how the work will be distributed to the project team.
- The key stakeholder groups and their project information needs as outlined in the communication plan.
- Justification as to why the specific stakeholders were chosen for the communication plan.
Learning Team Charter
In this course, your team will work together to complete a few assignments. This chartering assignment is designed to help you apply your project management skills to understand the scope of your project, then break the project into goals, tasks, responsibilities, resources, and milestones. The assignment also asks you to discuss and answer some questions that will lay the foundation for developing your project.
Beyond the Standard Charter
You will notice that this chartering process goes beyond your standard University of Phoenix Charter by helping your team create a project plan for team success by providing you with opportunities to define your deliverables, recognize the connections between the deliverables and other classroom activities, determine your timelines and milestones, identify each team member’s expected contribution, and answer
questions that lay the foundation for building your projects.
Putting “I” in “Team”
Important to note is the section for defining learning team expectations related to participation, collaboration, communication, team contributions, assignment deadlines, and other considerations. Please take the time to discuss and document how your team will address each area and any challenges that may arise. It is important to understand that we are “Putting ‘I’ in ‘Team’”. In short, we will recognize and reward individuals according to their contributions to team output, not according to their team membership. This means that individual grades may be different from the team grade depending on each individual’s contribution to each team deliverable.
Completing this Assignment
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Review the Charter and Project plan.
- Review the weekly Learning Team deliverables.
- Complete the provided Learning Team Charter and Project Plan, including the following: team member contact information, project by week, learning team expectations, team discussion questions.
Course: PM571 Project Management
School: University of Phoenix
- : 21/10/2017
- : 22