PCN 540 Week 2 Topic 2 Short Answer Questions (Obj. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.5) Assignment
Complete the short answer questions document.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PCN-540 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.8.a. The importance of research in advancing the counseling profession, including how to critique research to inform counseling practice.
2.F.8.b. Identification of evidence-based counseling practices.
PCN-540 Topic 2: Short Answer Questions
Directions: Provide short answers of 100-150 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 200 words for your response. Use the textbook, and any other scholarly resources to support your responses. Include at least two to three peer-reviewed journal articles beyond the textbook and course readings.
- What is the definition of and the core meaning of research literacy as it relates to counseling psychology?
- What specific methods would you utilize in beginning your review of the literature within counseling research? Discuss the steps and rationale for conducting a review of the literature. Include specific examples related to the methods and steps for conducting a review of the counseling literature in your response.
- Read “Self-Maintenance Therapy in Alzheimer’s Disease,” located in the reading materials.
What were the variables under investigation by this study? What methods were used to obtain the study’s sample? What specific measurements were used to assess or analyze the study’s variables? Discuss any potential methodological problems in this study. Include specific examples in your response.
- How would you define Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)? Discuss the inherent strengths and limitations of EBP. Be sure to include your comments regarding what is meant by “validity of treatments.”
- Watch the Objectivity and subjectivity in social research video. What are the issues of objectivity and subjectivity as they relate to methodological issues in conducting counseling research?
- What makes a counseling treatment empirically supported and validated? Include the description of at least two empirically supported and validated treatments from the course textbook and readings in your response. Include the mental health conditions that are treated by the empirically supported and validated treatments identified.
Course: PCN-540 Research Methods
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 10/02/2018
- : 30