Purpose of Assignment
Week 3 will help students develop an understanding of what money is, what forms money takes, how the banking system helps create money, and how the Federal Reserve controls the quantity of money. Students will learn how the quantity of money affects inflation and interest rates in the long run, and production and employment in the short run. Students will find that, in the long run, there is a strong relationship between the growth rate of money and inflation. Students will review the basic concepts macroeconomists use to study open economies and will address why a nation’s net exports must equal its net capital outflow. Students will demonstrate the relationship between the prices and quantities in the market for loanable funds and the prices and quantities in the market for foreign-currency exchange. Student will learn to analyze the impact of a variety of government policies on an economy’s exchange rate and trade balance.
Click here to Find all Assignments for ECO372 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Resources:National Bureau of Economic Research
Develop a concept outline economic outlook forecast that includes the following:
- Analyze the history of changes in GDP, savings, investment, real interest rates, and unemployment and compare to forecast for the next five years.
- Discuss how government policies can influence economic growth.
- Analyze how monetary policy could influence the long-run behavior of price levels, inflation rates, costs, and other real or nominal variables.
- Describe how trade deficits or surpluses can influence the growth of productivity and GDP.
- Discuss the importance of the market for loanable funds and the market for foreign-currency exchange to the achievement of the strategic plan.
- Recommend, based on your above findings, whether the strategic plan can be achieved and provide support.
Each bullet should be a concept header with sub headers to elaborate the points. Write in full sentences (do not use one-word descriptives or short phrases). Do not use paragraph descriptives as this is not an essay assignment, it is an outline, with content written in full sentences for clarity. In addition to sections for each of the above bullets, there should be appropriate introductory, appropriate summary/conclusion, and appropriate recommendations content sections in your outline.
Use a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources from the University Library.
Format your outline consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Course: ECO372 Principles Of Macroeconomics
School: University of Phoenix