Your Perfect Assignment is Just a Click Away
We Write Custom Academic Papers

100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Customized to your instructions!

glass
pen
clip
papers
heaphones

MNGT 361 Week 1 Assignment Bolivia Paper

MNGT 361 Week 1 Assignment Bolivia Paper

MNGT 361 Week 1 Assignment Bolivia Paper

Bolivia’s president announced that his government was nationalizing “all natural resources, what our ancestors fought for.”

Nationalism and Protectionism a Potent Mix

The headline read “Bolivia Seizes Control of Oil and Gas Fields.” Although oil industry executives couldn’t say that this wasn’t anticipated, it still must have been shocking when Bolivia’s government announced that it was taking control of the country’s oil and gas fields. The announcement said: “We are beginning by nationalizing oil and gas; tomorrow we will add mining, forestry, and all natural resources, what our ancestors fought for.”

Click here to Find all Assignments for MNGT 361 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions

Immediately following the announcement, Bolivia’s armed forces secured all of the country’s oil and gas fields. President Evo Morales set forth new terms that gave a state-owned firm 82% of all revenues, leaving 18% for the foreign firms. He said: “Only those firms that respect these new terms will be allowed to operate in the country.” The implicit threat was that any firms not willing to sign new contracts would be sent home.

While foreign governments described this nationalization as an “unfriendly move,” Morales considered it patriotic. His position was that any existing contracts with the state were in violation of the constitution, and that Bolivia’s natural resources belonged to its people.

What Do You Think?

If you were the CEO of one of the global oil firms operating in Bolivia, how would you react to this nationalization? Would you resist and raise the ethics issue of honoring existing contracts with the Bolivian government? Or would you comply and accept the new terms being offered? As an everyday citizen of the world, do you agree or disagree with the argument that Bolivia’s natural resources are national treasures that belong to the people, not foreign investors? What ethical issues inform the decision to nationalize Bolivia’s oil and gas industry?

You will submit a one page response  that responds to the question in – What Do You Think?  Make sure you have read the chapter before you do the paper.

 

Course: MNGT 361 Leadership And Management
School: Towson University

  • : 08/05/2018
  • : 5

Order Solution Now

Our Service Charter

1. Professional & Expert Writers: Sight Writers only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.

2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.

3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Sight Writers are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.

4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Sight Writers is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.

5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.

6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Sight Writers, we have put in place a team of experts who answer to all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.