MGMT 5073 Week 2 Discussion Questions
Assignment #3: Understanding the entire work-flow process in your work unit is critical in ensuring efficiency and effectiveness. Such understanding requires a detailed job analysis.
Assume that you are the manager of a fast food restaurant. Conduct a brief job analysis on that position:
- What are the tasks required in that job?
- What are the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job?
- How do KSAs relate to biblical principles of gifts and talents? How do they apply to your KSAs?
Click here to Find all Assignments for MGMT 5073 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Assignment #4: Selection procedures are critical in ensuring good hires for any organization. Based on your reading of Chapter 6, discuss the following:
- What are the best methods of obtaining information about job applicants?
- What are the best characteristics to look for in applicants, and how does this depend on the nature of the job?
- If you could use only 2 of the methods described in the chapter and could assess only 2 of the characteristics discussed, which would you choose and why?
- In your own organization, either past or present, what selection procedures were used? In your opinion, how effective were/ are they? How could these be improved?
Please consider appropriate ethical and biblical principles in assessing these selection procedures.
Course: MGMT 5073 Human Resources Management
School: Southern Wesleyan University
- : 30/08/2017
- : 18