The final paper is due in Session Six of the course. For each of Session Two to Five of the course, the student is expected to submit a 1- 2 page outline for every section of the paper (each of these sections will be 3 to 4 pages in length for the completed research paper). Each of these must be in APA format along with a reference page with at least 3 references:
Session Two: Political and Economic Overview:
A general introduction to the country, including an overview of its political and economic realities. Focus on the major themes from the first few chapters of the book such as risk, technology, human rights, the legal system, and politics.
Read the instructions for the Research Project/ Paper carefully. It is found in the Assignment section and also below:
Research Paper/ Project – 25%
There are two components to this comprehensive project – an Individual Research Paper and a Learning Team Presentation. The objectives of this research project are to help students develop knowledge and also practical applications in regard to the process of operating and managing an international business within the varying national and regional environments; while controlling for risk factors.
Four regional global blocks have been identified for this project – The European Union, The Far East, Latin America and the Caribbean, and South America.
During Session One, each team will choose one of the global regions below for the Team’s Project Component. Each team member will then select a country from within that block for his/her Individual Research paper/ project.
Southeast Asia (ASEAN countries)
Asia (China, India, Philippines, Japan etc.)
Central America & Caribbean
The Research Project and Paper will be in two parts – an Individual research paper and drafts (250 points), and a Learning Team (or Individual) Presentation (100 points).
Part I: Individual Research Paper (200 points)
The first part of the Individual Research Paper will take place over the Sessions Two, Three, Four and Five of the course.
Before Session Two:
- Each student will choose a country from the region selected by the team. Each team member must select a different country within that region.
- Each student will then pick a major industry to focus on for that country from the viewpoint of a company that is going to enter that market. For instance, if a student chooses India, they may look at the IT industry, if they choose Japan; they might select the Electronics sector. Choose a product or service in that industry that is to be introduced into that sector and the country.
Read Case Study “Miscommunications with a Brazilian Auto Parts Manufacturer” on page 147 of the text book and prepare a written analysis. The written case analysis should be 1.5 to 2 pages, double spaced. The analysis must include the following:
- A brief summary of the major issues or problems in the case (political, social, cultural, organizational, and ethical issues).
- An identification of the major stakeholders and their stake in the case.
- Address the questions at the end of the case study. Please respond to case questions comprehensively, but also be concise and to the point
- Lessons learned— insights gained concerning dealing with international business.
Each of these short papers must be submitted in APA format that includes a cover page. Should you desire additional information on company profiles, please visit MarketLine (formerly Datamonitor 360) at: http://libguides.swu.edu/internationalbusiness (Links to an external site.) Please note grading rubric (Appendix F) for additional criteria on meeting requirements for this area.
- : 19/05/2018
- : 5