HA 500 Week 2 Research Paper Topic and Thesis Assignment
Now that you understand the basics of ethics and the law, you will choose a topic, begin research, and draft a thesis for your paper. This week, you will focus on finding at least two peer-reviewed articles related to your topic. Students in the MPH program should focus on a public health policy as their topic. Use the WCU library to find these articles.
- First, select a topic with both legal and ethical implications faced by professionals in the healthcare setting. Your final paper will discuss the multitude of legal viewpoints, ethical issues, and issues of inter-professionalism related to your topic. You will be required to discuss how values, ethics, and sense of inter-professionalism may shape how the topic is interpreted, analyzed, and communicated in legal and ethical terms.
- For example, you can analyze Roe v. Wade (the law that legalized abortion) and its impact on the practice of obstetrics and gynecology over time.
- Alternately, you could discuss the legal and ethical issues surrounding The End of Life Option (physician-assisted suicide) law that was recently passed in California and its impact on hospitals.
- You could even discuss the need for a strong Code of Ethics in every medical business setting or the need for interprofessional education and how it can improve the ethics of a medical setting.
- Once you have chosen your topic, conduct research to find at least two peer-reviewed articles related to your topic and summarize the findings in those two articles. Then, formulate a thesis for your paper.
Click here to Find all Assignments for HA 500 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Compose a 2–3 page paper that presents your thesis and summarizes your supporting articles. In your paper, analyze why these article support or refute your topic. Compose your paper in APA format with a title page, introduction, headings, conclusion, and reference section.
Submit your assignment by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time).
Your textbook may be used as a reference. The APA format for your text is as follows:
Reference: Pozgar, G. D. (2016). Legal and ethical issues for health professionals (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Course: HA 500 Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care Management
School: West Coast University
- : 07/11/2019
- : 50