FIN/571 Week 6 Signature Assignment: Short-Term Funding
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the student an opportunity to apply their understanding of cash flow management, break-even analysis and short-term and long-term financing in starting and growing a business. Prepare a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes .
Prepared and delivered a PowerPoint® presentation requesting initial funding of $500,000 to start and run a start-up company. The proposed start-up company could be an existing business model (coffee shop, pet store, etc.) or could be something entirely new and exciting.
Click here to Find All Assignments for FIN/571 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Created the presentation in the following format, with at least one slide to cover each of the following areas:
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Information about the Industry
- Marketing Plan
- Competitor Analysis
- 3 Year Income Statement (Profit & Loss) Projections
- Include your assumptions for why and how you will achieve your sales growth and what significant expenses and investments you expect to incur to achieve your revenue goals.
- 3 Year Proposed Funding Schedule (Sources and uses of the funds received.)
- Break-Even Analysis
- Academic and Business References
Reviewed the following scenarios and assumption, and explained how it impacts the decision to expand:
- After Year 3, the investors are interested in expanding the company internationally to possibly outsource labor or to reduce manufacturing costs. What countries would you expand to first, and why? What factors would you need to consider in making this decision?
- What is the corporate tax rate in the countries you are considering expanding your business to, and how will that affect your decision to expand globally? (Use OECD Database or another resource to determine the corporate tax rate).
- The investors want to see a decision tree detailing the decisions you would make if you received $300K now and 200K at the end of three years instead of $500K upfront?
- The investors would like your team to provide advantages and disadvantages of using debt financing versus selling company stock to raise capital for growth.
- Briefly explain the venture capital process. Does it make sense for your company to raise funds through venture capital?
The presentation is 12 to 15 slides in length.
Course: FIN/571 Corporate Finance
School: University of Phoenix
- : 06/10/2017
- : 180
- 571_Signature_Assignment_Short_Term_Funding_Week6 Rubric