CSIS 330 Final Exam 2 with Answers Liberty
- According to the textbook, data networks were initially used by businesses to internally record and manage all of the following except:
- All of the above were initial uses of data networks
- ______________ are pages that are easy to update and edit and give anyone a means to communicate their thoughts to a global audience without technical knowledge of web design. They are like an individual, personal journal.
- A ______________________________ is a network infrastructure that provides access to users and end devices in a small geographical area.
- All computers connected to a network that participate directly in network communication are classified as servers.
- __________________________ is defined as “the act of working with another or others on a joint project.”
- A cable connection provides a high-bandwidth, always on connection to the Internet.
- In which of the following connections is the Internet data signal carried on the same coaxial cable that delivers cable television?
- A(n) ______________________ connects end devices using network cables.
What command is used to display information about the device?
- According to the textbook, when a banner is used on an IOS device, it should always welcome someone to the device as its first statement.
- Which mode is used to configure one of the physical or virtual lines?
- According to the textbook, while all devices come with a default IOS and feature set, it is possible to upgrade the IOS version or feature set to obtain additional capabilities.
- IOS commands are case sensitive.
- To save configuration changes to the startup-configuration file, what command is used?
- Which of the following is not a benefit to using a layered model to describe network operations?
- ________________________ is the physical address for the network interface of either the next-hop router or the network interface of the destination device.
- _______________________ is the term used to refer to the PDU at the Internet layer of the TCP/IP model.
- Which of the following is not one of the primary elements in communication listed in the textbook?
The ___________ model is the most widely known internetwork reference model.
- What is the decimal equivalent of the binary number 00100001?
- What is the binary equivalent of the hexadecimal number AA?
- So, here is the decimal equivalent of the binary number 00101101?
- What is the binary equivalent of the decimal number 8?
- So, here is the hexadecimal equivalent of the binary number 00000111?
- What is the binary equivalent of the hexadecimal number FF?
- Which of the following is not governed by one of the Wireless standards (IEEE 802.11, 802.15, or 802.16)?
- The ____________________________ topology provides high availability, but requires that every end system be interconnected to every other system.
- The _____________________________ layer in the OSI model is responsible for the exchange of frames between nodes over a physical network media. It also allows the upper layers to access the media and controls how data is
A ______________________ is used to facilitate access to a medium when the controlled access method is used.
- In which type of industry is fiber optic being used for backbone cabling applications and interconnecting infrastructure devices?
- When using copper cable, the signals are patterns of _____________.
- ______________ is a physical port on a Layer 3 switch configured to act as a router port.
- Which address is used as a destination address on a broadcast Ethernet frame?
- Which of the following is not one of the primary fields in an Ethernet frame?
- ________________ allows a switch to deliver power to a device, such as IP phones and some wireless access points, over the existing Ethernet cabling.
- In ___________________ buffering, frames are stored in queues that are linked to specific incoming and outgoing ports.
- If no device responds to an ARP request, the packet is dropped because a frame cannot be created.
- Cisco routers use ROM to store which of the following?
- An end device with a configured IP address is referred to as a ____________.
- The Internet is largely based on _____, which is still the most widely used network layer protocol.
Which of the following is not a component of a router?
- Both routing tables of hosts and routers identify the destination network, the metric associated with the destination network, and the gateway to get to the destination network.
- The local routing table of a host typically contains a route to the loopback interface (127.0.0.1). This address is known as a ______________________.
- Which port is assigned to DNS?
- Which of the following is not a common transport layer protocol?
- A ______________________ protocol is one that negotiates and establishes a permanent connection between source and destination devices prior to forwarding any traffic.
- Each TCP segment has ___________ bytes of overhead in the header encapsulating the application layer data; UDP has _____ bytes of overhead.
- UDP is known as __________________ delivery because there is no acknowledgement that the data is received at the destination.
- What does UDP do when receiving messages that are more than one datagram in length?
Which of the following is not a characteristic of TCP?
- The _______________ assigns port numbers.
- The IPv4 __________ address is a special address for each network that allows communication to all the hosts in that network.
- The 1s in the subnet mask represent the ___________ portion, and the 0s represent the ______ portion.
- The address block for legacy Class B networks included the range
- Addresses included in the address pool for a DHCP server should include static addresses that are used by other devices.
- The double colon can only be used once within an IPv6 address.
- Which of the following is not a type of broadcast address?
- The legacy Class B address block was designed to support moderate- to large-size networks with up to 65,000 host addresses and used a ___________ prefix.
- Which type of communication is occurring when a packet is sent from one host to another individual host?
- You are given an IPv4 network address of 192.168.10.0/24 by your ISP. So, you need to subnet this network. You know that the subnet mask will be 255.255.255.252. Therefore, how many bits have you borrowed from the host
- All devices attached to the same network will have an IPv4 host address for that network and a common ____________________.
Which of the following subnet masks is used to represent a prefix mask of / 26
- In creating subnets for IPv6, conversion to binary is not required.
- You are given an IPv4 network address of 192.168.10.0/24 by your ISP. So, you need to subnet this network. Because you know that you need at least 6 subnets. What will be the address of your last usable host in your first subnet (i.e. subnet
- Which of the following message types is a client request for data?
- Which port(s) is(are) assigned to HTTP?
- In a __________________ network, two or more computers are connected through a network and can share resources without having a dedicated server.
- What is the IPv6 DHCP message that corresponds to the IPv4 DHCPACK message?
- Which protocol is used to assign an IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS address to a host?
- So, in which port(s) is(are) assigned to FTP?
Which port(s) is(are) assigned to Telnet?
- So, in the following are functions of the Presentation Layer in the OSI model? (CSIS 330 final exam)
- What type of attack is the unauthorized manipulation of data, system access, or user privileges?
- Making illegal online purchases is what type of security threat?
- According to the textbook, real-time applications require more planning and dedicated services (relative to other types of data) to ensure priority delivery of voice and video traffic.
- Which type of security threat involves breaking into a computer to destroy or alter data records? (CSIS 330 final exam)
- A(n) __________ firewall is a firewall that is built into a dedicated hardware device known as a security appliance.
- A(n) ______ firewall consists of a firewall application that runs on a network operating system such as UNIX or Windows.
- Which of the following firewall techniques blocks unsolicited packets unless permitted specifically?
- In the following is not a factor that needs to be considered when designing a small network?
- Which type of security threat involves breaking into a computer to obtain confidential information?
- So, in which type of physical threat involves physical damage to servers, routers, switches, cabling, and workstations?
In IP telephone, a router performs voice-to-IP conversions.
- Which of the following are steps that should be taken to secure devices on which a new operating system has been installed? (CSIS 330 final exam)
- Which type of security threat involves preventing legitimate users from accessing services to which they should be entitled?
- What name is given to malicious software that is attached to another program to execute a particular unwanted function on a workstation?