Review the discussion of the “Core Competencies for a New Vision for Health Professions Education” in your readings in (Rubenfeld & Scheffer, 2015, Box 4-1). Review these core competencies and complete evidence of mastery that includes:
- a discussion of how these core competencies relate to your particular area of nursing practice
- specific example(s) that describe how your workplace exemplifies one of the competencies and specific example(s) of how your workplace can improve meeting another competency
- a chart that visually discusses/shows how you apply the five core competencies in your particular area of nursing practice that relate to critical thought and reflective cognitive processes. Be creative! You may add clipart, photos, multi-media files you have permission to use.
Reading and Resources
Read Chapter 4 In Rubenfeld, M. G., & Scheffer, B.K. (2015). Critical thinking TACTICS for nurses: Achieving the IOM competencies (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
Read Robert, T., & Peterson, S. (2013). Critical thinking at the bedside: Providing safe passage to patients. MedSurg Nursing, (22),2, 85-91.
Read Lasater, K, & Nielsen, A. (2009). Reflective journaling for clinical judgment development and evaluation. Journal of Nursing Education, 48(1). 40-44.
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.