ACC291 Week 4 Stockholders’ Equity Section of the Balance Sheet Individual Assignment
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to help you become familiar with examining the stockholders’ equity section of the balance sheet.
Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making, Ch. 11
Click here to Find all Assignments for ACC 291 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Answer the following questions in 1,050 words using the Lachlin Corporation Balance Sheet located on p. 575 of Financial Accounting:
- How many shares of common stock are outstanding?
- Assuming there is a stated value, what is the stated value of the common stock?
- What is the par value of the preferred stock?
- If the annual dividend on preferred stock is $36,000, what is the dividend rate on preferred stock?
- If dividends of $72,000 were in arrears on preferred stock, what would be the balance reported for retained earnings?
Use the Week 4 Excel® spreadsheet and submit with your answers.
Course: ACC291 Principles Of Accounting II
School: University of Phoenix
- : 11/02/2018
- : 2
- ACC291_r6_Stockholders_Equity_Section_of_the_Balance_Sheet_grading_guide_week4 ACC291_r6_WK4_Individual_Assignment_Lachlin Corp_Inc